Prepared with raw mangoes, Aam Panna is known to prevent many heat related ailments including heat stroke. It also helps you stay hydrated.
The raw mango is highly appreciated for its nutritional value they are excellent source of Vitamin C, which is comparatively more than ripe mangoes; raw mango is a rich source of pectin which gradually diminishes after the formation of the stone. Unripe mango is sour in taste because of the presence of oxalic, citric, malice and succinic acids.
Raw mangoes are also good source of B vitamins that are beneficial to maintain good health it can be used in preparing numerous dishes. Due to the presence of vitamin C, they are highly beneficial in strengthening immune system. It helps in throwing away from all waste products from the body.
- Raw green mango - 1 large or 2 medium sized
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 1/4 tsps
- Black salt - 1 1/4 tsps
- Jaggery - as required
- Black pepper powder - as required
Pressure cook the mangoes till soft. Cool and remove the soft mango pulp from the seed and skin. Grind to a smooth paste.
2. Add crushed jaggery as per your taste to the paste followed by 3/4 cup of water. Bring this mixture to boil and allow it to cool to room temperature. You may add cardamom seeds to this, if your taste permits.
To prepare a glass of aam panna, add 4 tbsps of the mixutre, 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1/4 tsp of black salt, black pepper powder and blend to combine well. Add 1 1/4 cup chilled water and continue to blend for few seconds.
4. Pour into a tall glass with crushed ice and serve.
The above prepared paste of mango pulp can be refrigerated for 3-4 days or can be stored in deep fridge for 6-7 days.