Aloo gobi parathas are basically indian flat bread stuffed with potato and cauliflower. You can make this paratha with only cauliflower or with only potato or combination of both. This can be served with raita, chutney or pickle and taste tremendously great.
- Prep Time: 10mins
- Cooking time: 10-15mins
- Servings: Makes 6-8 parathas depend on size.
- Foe Dough:
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup water (Use more as needed)
- 1 small onion or 4 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- For Filling:
- 2 cup shredded cauliflower
- 1 cup Boiled mashed potato
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 chopped green chili or paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp aamchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander (dhaniya) powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed dry mint
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (green coriander)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine flours and salt in a medium bowl. Add water slowly and nead soft dough. Cover and Let the dough rest on the counter for 15-20minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Temper with cumin seeds, when cumin seeds done, add asafoetida(hingh) and turmeric powder.
Add ginger, green chili and finely chopped onion. Suate about 1/2 min or so. Cook on medium heat.
Add cualiflower and again let it cook. Add salt, coriander powder, mint, aamchoor powder, sugar.
Add boiled mashed potato or ready mashed potato, sprinkle cilantro(fresh dhaniya). Mix everything well. Let mixture cool down.
When mixture is warm or cool, make lemon sized ball and keep aside.
For making parathas:
Make balls bigger than lemon size(dough ball should be bigger than filling ball)of dough.
Roll it like chappati or puri with the help of little dusting(any flour such as wheat, plain, rice flour can be used for dusting) about 3" diameter, put filling(prepared balls of mixture-filling) on it and fold it towards center till the edges meet. Seal the edges by pressing the chappati.
Now again roll it like chapati (around 8 inches in diameter-depend how big/small you prefer).
Repeat the process for all parathas.
Pre heat tava on high flame.
Apply some oil on tava and put aloo/gobi paratha.
Cook it both the side with oil at med-high flame.
Before serving put some butter on it if you baked parathas without oil.
Serve it hot with raita, pickle or green chutney and tea.