- Oil 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped onion 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste , divided
- Cannellini beans 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), boiled and drained
- (pinto or kidney beans can be used)
- Flax seed meal 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Parsley 1 Tablespoon (or your favorite herb)
- Chili sauce 1/4 Teaspoon (to taste)
- Yellow mustard/Dijon 1 Teaspoon
FOR THE BATTER
- Corn starch 3 Tablespoon (2-3 tbsp + Water as needed)
- Salt To Taste
FOR THE BREADING
- Bread crumbs 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (of your choice)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon (for shallow frying)
In a pan, add in the oil and onion. Sauté for a minute and season with salt.
When onion is about to be done, add in the garlic and cook until the edges of onion are brown. Turn off the stove and let it cool.
In a food processor, add in the onion mixture, cannellini beans, flax seeds and parsley. Blend until coarse.
Take out the mixture in a bowl and add in the chili sauce and mustard. Mix well.
Divide the mixture into four equal portions and give the shape of a sausage.
For the batter – in a shallow bowl, add in the cornstarch and salt; mix with a spoon.
Slowly pour in the water and make a thin batter.
Roll the sausages in cornstarch batter, followed by the breadcrumbs.
In a pan, heat the oil on low – medium heat and place the sausages; shallow fry until golden brown from all sides.
Serve with your choice of condiment.