- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Garlic 6 Clove (30 gm), chopped
- Onion 1 Large, peeled, diced
- Carrot 1 Large, peeled, diced
- Vegetable stock 4 Cup (64 tbs)
- Dried black eyed peas 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Pasta 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Tomato 1 Medium, diced
- Tomato puree 4 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Red pepper flakes 1/2 Teaspoon (Use as required per taste) (Optional)
- Pasta 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Any variety of your choice may be used)
- Italian seasoning 1 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use as needed)
- Fresh cilantro 1 Tablespoon, chopped (To garnish)
1. Take a pot and heat it with 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat.
2. Add minced garlic, onions and cook the onion for a few minutes. Add salt to taste and saute till the onions are translucent.
3. Add the carrots, the vegetable stock and the black eyed peas, tomatoes and the tomato puree. Stir and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and dry Italian seasoning, cover the pot partially and let it simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally until the black eyed peas and pasta are tender.
5. Serve hot garnished with croutons and freshly chopped herbs of your choice like cilantro, parsley or even basil.
Frozen black eyes peas are used in this recipe. If using dried black eyes peas, they need to be cooked separately before you add them into the broth.
Any of the vegetables of your choice may be used for this soup.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012