Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and some vegetables are mashed together with flour to make perfect burgers.
- 11/2 cups Chick peas(Garbanzo beans)-Chhole chana
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour(other flours such as corn flour(for gluten free option) or bread crumbs can be used)
- 1/4 cup walnut or other favorite nut can be used
- 1/2 cup finely chopped vegetables such as onion, bell pepper, corn and carrot(I usually shred carrot)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves(your favorite herb can be used such as parsley)
- 1/4 tsp each, garlic powder, cumin powder, red chili powder
- Couple of tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
Mash together all ingredients, except oil, thoroughly. Form into patties and lightly fry on each side in oil until golden brown. You can also barbecue these veggie burgers on a hot grill.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012