1. Grease a baking dish with butter/ghee and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine china grass with water. Cook on medium to high heat for 3-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually pour the cream, stir constantly and cook until thickened.
4. Add khoya/mawa, cook for 2 minutes and then stir in sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves.
5. Stir in rose extract, bring to a boil, and pour the mixture into the greased pan. Set aside for 2 hours or after an hour pop in refrigerator.
6. Sprinkle pistachio and cut into cubes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
For making pineapple or mango burfi use pineapple or mango juice instead of water.