Corn & Spinach Soup
- Corn kernel 2 Cup (32 tbs) (Frozen or fresh)
- Salt To Taste
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon (Minced ginger may be used)
- Black pepper 1 Teaspoon , ground
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch (Optional)
- Spinach 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen or fresh)
- Whipping cream/Almond milk 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Coconut cream may also be used)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Round loaf 4 Small (One per serving) (Optional)
- Red bell pepper 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely (To garnish) (Optional)
1. Run all the corn kernels in the food processor to prepare a coarse mixture of corn and set aside.
To prepare the soup:
2. Heat up a pot on medium heat with some oil.
3. When the oil is warm enough add the processed corn, stir and cook it a little bit. Make sure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Cover and let it cook.
4. After cooking for about 5 minutes, uncover and add salt to taste.
5. Add ginger paste, freshly grund black pepper, turmeric powder and the spinach. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
6. Add the whipping cream and mix well. Cover and let it boil. Once it starts boiling, simmer it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. After about 3 minutes, turn off the heat.
To prepare the bread bowl:
8. Take a round loaf, cut off a quarter of the top and scoop out the insides. Leave about 3/4-inch thickness inside.
9. Place the prepared round loaf on the serving plate, pour into it the prepared corn soup.
10. Serve the creamy soup warm, garnished with some finely chopped red bell pepper on top.