This recipe is basically aloo masala filled in Dosa. There are several kinds of Dosa stuffing can be prepared. Potato(Aloo) masala is very populare stuffing but I sometimes, use left over pav bhaji curry, chhole or even any kind of signature stuffing can be prepared. I also prepare spring dosa with crushed vegetables such as cabbage, carrot, cauliflower. So basically, you can come up with your own ideas for preparing different kind of stuffings. And this aloo masala can be eaten with roti or puris as well.
More stuffing recipes
Recipe: Spring Dosa Stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabbage
- 2 med size carrots cut into juliennes
- 2 med size onion finely chopped
- 1 capsicum cut into juliennes
- 1/2 cup crushed Cauliflower
- 1 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion greens, Dhaniya(Coriander leaves can be used
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- I usually throw all veggies in food processor and blend on slow speed and you will get nice, evenly chopped veggies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies and onion and fry till translucent
- Add all the vegetables,salt and fry for 2-3 minutes(should be crunchy)
- Then add lime juice, chaat masala and fry for another 2 minutes
- Lastly add spring onion greens and ready to stuff in your Dosa. I use this same stuffing to make toaster sandwich as well.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Indian (Southern)