Milk Halwa or Doodh ka Halwa is a simple and delicious Indian dessert, sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk and paneer, aka Milk Cake, Kalakand or Paneer Barfi and so on. It can be made plain or with flavors.
- Condensed milk 1 Can (10 oz)
- Mawa/Milk powder 3 Cup (48 tbs)
- Milk 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Ghee 1 Tablespoon (clarified butter)
- Saffron 1 Pinch (few strands)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Slivered almonds 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
1. Place a pot on medium flame; add condensed milk, mawa/milk powder, and milk. Stir constantly and cook until the mixture thickens.
2. Add saffron and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Stir in ghee and cook until all the liquid evaporates (ghee starts oozing).
4. Turn off the flame and add cardamom powder. Mix well.
5. Garnish with almond and serve!
You can add brown food color, if desired.