These cupcakes stays great at room temperature for up to 3 days and I keep frosting in refrigerator so just decorate before the event start.
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKE:
- Cake flour/Plain flour 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
- Baking powder 1 Teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 Teaspoon
- Egg replace powder 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Oil 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Plain yogurt 1?2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Granulated sugar 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
- Vanilla extract 1 Tablespoon
- Cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon , sifted
- Chocolate chip 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
FOR THE FROSTING:
- Mascarpone cheese or Cream cheese 8 Ounce
- Icing sugar 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Heavy whipping cream 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Pure orange extract 1 Dash
- Orange zest 1/4 Teaspoon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with liner and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, egg replace powder and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, add in the yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer.
Add in the flour mixture and gradually mix, then beat with the electric mixer.
Pour half of the batter into the prepared cupcake tin. To rest of the batter, add in the cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Beat well and pour in the remaining cupcake liner.
Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Take out the cupcake and let it cool for a few seconds, then take out of the tin and place over the cooling rack to cool.
Meanwhile, prepare the frosting – in a chilled mixing bowl, add in the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar. Beat with a stand mixer until well combined.
Pour in heavy whipping cream and beat until it forms stiff peak.
Add in orange extract and zest, lightly fold in. Fill a piping bag with frosting.
Decorate the cupcakes with frosting.
Serve the cupcakes for dessert.