Fried Rice is one of my favorite. I usally make fusion recipes and Indo-chinese is our all time family favorite. I make fried rice with Gobi Manchurian or Vegetable Manchurian or Chilli Paneer and it’s very tempting! Sometimes, I add boiled noodles to this fried rice and my son really loves it. Sometimes, I make complete Indo-chine menu. For appetizer, Spring Rolls, for main course, fried rice and Manchuria/Chilli Paneer and for dessert Vanilla Icecream with lichi and it’s heaven! Don’t forget to check out my Instant Pressure Cooked Fried Rice recipe which doesn’t require left over rice or cook ahead rice. These days I can enjoy Fried Rice just under 15 minutes!
Below, you can watch the video of my Instant Pressure cooker Fried Rice
It is said that to prepare fried rice, left over or chilled rice is the key but not anymore. With my recipe, you can now prepare Fried Rice instantly anytime you want.
You will need following ingredients to prepare Instant Fried Rice
Short grain rice 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Green beans 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Carrot 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Peas 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Onions 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Corn 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Bell pepper 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
Soy sauce 1 Tablespoon
Vinegar 1 Teaspoon
Red chilli flakes To Taste
Salt To Taste
Ginger garlic paste 1 Tablespoon
Oil 1 Tablespoon
Water 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
Now, let’s look at the original recipe.
- 1 cup Rice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Beans Finely Chopped
- 1 Carrot Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion Sliced
- ½ cup Cabbage Finely Chopped
- 2 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilies cut lengthwise
- Any of your favorite vegetable can be added to this recipe such as baby corn , green peas, bell peppers, and broccoli. There is no limitation on being creative with this recipe. Even fried tofu can be added.
- ½ cup boiled noodles (optional)
- 1 tsp Ginger Chopped Finely
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely Chopped
- Curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sour sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice or chili vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For garnishing:
- Spring onion or chives or cilantro
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Boil water, add rice and little salt.
- Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- When rice is done, drain and add some cold water and drain again using a large sieve and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan throw curry leaves and stir fry all the chopped vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stove on high heat.
- Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice, noodles and mix well. Now mix the sauces and sesame oil to it. Cook the Chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot. Sprinkle vinegar.
- Garnish with Spring onion or chives or cilantro