Basic Mexican ingredients are easy to prepare at home and very flavorful. Here is a simple green enchilada sauce recipe. Perfect sauce is the key to make flavorful Enchiladas. Try my Red Enchilada Sauce as well.
The easiest part of all being making your own homemade enchilada sauce. When I need enchilada sauce I usually buy the canned stuff. There was one occasion years ago when I decided it was a good idea to grind and make at home and I followed recipe below. Ever since then, I make my own sauce.
- Jalapeno/Any green chili of your choice 3
- Tomatillos/Green tomatoes 5
- Onion 1/2
- Garlic cloves To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Water To Taste (As required)
- Herbs & spices To Taste (Like oregano and basil can be added while making or serving)
- Put the jalapeno, tomatillos, onions and garlic in a pot, add salt and water and boil it till the vegetables tenderize. It is simpler to pressure cook to make it quick.
- Puree the cooked ingredients.
- Strain the sauce and discard the remnant seeds.
- Serve it with your favorite recipe