Healthy Yuca or Mogo or Cassava Fries
- Oil 3 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tbsp used for shallow frying)
- Yuca 300 Gram (As needed)
- Salt To Taste (To season the fried yuca)
- Red pepper flakes To Taste (To season the fried yuca)
- Cilantro leaves 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely (To garnish)
- Lemon slices 5 Medium , slices (To garnish)
Things You Will Need
- 1. Steamer - to steam the yuca
- 1. Using a sharp knife cut the ends of the yuca. Cut each yuca into 3 - 4 manageable chunks.
- 2. Peel and cut strips as shown in the video. Discard the woody core.
- 3. Wash the cut strips well in water.
- 4. You may boil or steam the yuca until they are half cooked.
- 5. Take 1 lemon, slice 1/2 the lemon and set aside the other half for later use (if desired).
- 6. Heat about 3 - 4 tbsp oil in a shallow pan, when the oil is hot enough, arrange all the steamed yuca pieces in a single layer in the oil and fry them until golden brown on both sides. (Fry them in small batches if your pan is small)
- 7. Drain on to a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- 8. When the fries are still hot, sprinkle some salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- 9. Garnish with sprinkles of freshly chopped cilantro leaves and serve warm with lemon slices and chili sauce.
- Steamed yuca pieces can be stored in the refrigerator for months. You can season them as desired and grill, deep fry, shallow fry or even roast them.