Khaman Dhokla Sandwiches can be made from Instant Khaman Dokla recipes. This recipe is very versatile for picnic, party and even after school snack. Perfect breakfast or tea time snack as well.
I use Electric Multi Cooker to proof bread/pizza dough, to ferment all my Indian batter like Dosa, Khaman Dhokla, Idli and so on…
Lot of my Indian viewers have been asking for more Indian recipes using Electric Multi Cooker and lately I have been experimenting on some popular delicacies like Khaman, Dhokla, Idli, Handvo, Khandvi, basically steamed/baked snacks and I am so glad to share all those with you now as all those healthy snacks can be made now using Electric cooker that offers multi functionality like Instant pot.
For this recipe, I am using Cuckoo brand Multi-cooker. Their products can be checked out below.
I simply love to prepare recipes using Electric pressure cooker these days. All I have to do is throw everything in and forget. Cooker will then do it’s job to serve me yummy delicious meals. The most features I like about Electric pressure cooker are, it cooks quietly unlike stove top pressure cooker, allow me to keep food warm.
Below is the video Instructions to prepare Instant Khaman Dhokla Sandwiches.
This recipe is basically the combination of two recipes – Instant Khaman & Instant Dhokla.
So let’s first learn to make Instant Khaman.
- 1 cup Besan (chickpea flour or bengal gram flour)
- 11/2 - 2 tbsp rawa (Semolina or sooji)-More rawa can be added if you like crumbly texture of Khaman.)
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid (Nimbu ke Phool)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar - can be reduced as per your taste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli-ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Eno's fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- About 1 to 11/4 cup water or as needed. Make cake consistancy batter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or coriander leaves (Dhaniya)
- Shredded coconut (Optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter except the fruit salt using enough water to make a easy pour consistancy(Not too thick or thin) batter.
- Add in the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix well.
- When the mixture rises, pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 15 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small katori and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeeds, green chillies and asafoetida. When the mustard seeds crackle, and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with coconut and finely choped cilantro.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
You can use 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or 2-3 tbsp dahi(yogurt) instead of the citric acid crystals.
Keep the steamer hot and add the fruit salt into the batter.
Next, let me share how to make Instant Dhokla.
- Rawa 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Besan 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Yogurt 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Vegetable oil 3 Tablespoon (2 - 3 tablespoons)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon
- Green chili paste 1/2 Tablespoon
- Water 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
- Oil 1 Teaspoon (For greasing)
- Eno fruit salt 1/2 Teaspoon
- Juice of lemon 1/4
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard 1/4 Teaspoon
- In a large bowl, mix together rawa, besan, salt and sugar.
- Add in the yogurt, vegetable oil, ginger and garlic paste. Mix well.
- Gradually pour in small amount of water to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the water in a steamer and grease the dhokla mold with oil.
- When water is boiled, add in fruit salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mold and place in the steamer. Steam until done.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tempering, in a ladle heat the oil and add in the mustard, cover and let it splutter. Turn off the stove.
- Temper the dhokla and slice.
- Serve the dhokla with fried greed chili.
Now, let me show you how the Chutney is prepared. You can use your favorite chutneys such as Coriander chutney, mint chutney, date tamarind chutney, garlic chutney and so on to make khaman dhokla sandwiches.
Now to make Khaman Dhokla Sandwiches, all you have to do is apply Chutney on Khaman and place the Dhokla on top of it or vice versa.
Pin this recipe