Idlis (Rice Flour Steamed Cakes) are South Indian delicacy served with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney.
- Rice flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Black gram flour 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Fruit salt 1 Pinch (eno)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
- Salt To Taste
- Fruit salt 1/4 Teaspoon (eno)
- Fresh lemon juice 4 Drop
- Oil 1/2 Teaspoon (For greasing)
- In a large bowl, mix together rice flour, black gram flour, 1 pinch fruit salt. Gradually pour in the water to make a thick batter.
- Cover the batter and let it ferment for half an hour.
- Next, add in the salt and some water. Mix together.
- Season with fruit salt and lemon juice; mix well again.
- Pour the water in a steamer and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, grease the idli pan and pour the batter. Place in the steamer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with chutney and sambhar.
Most Indian grocery carry Black Gram Flour( Urad Atta), if not use Besan(Chickpea flour)