Kachumber – Indian Salad
Kachumber is finely chopped vegetable salad seasoned with salt, cumin powder and sometimes red chilli powder is added.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno chillies (optional, as per taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 small beet root shredded
- 1/2-1tsp roasted cumin powder (as per taste)
- juice of 1 lemon along with zest, as per taste
- salt to taste
- few sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- In a big bowl, combine all vegetables, coriander leaves and season with salt, cumin powder, lemon juice, chilli and toss to mix well. Serve as a side dish or on bread.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 4