Kaju Anjeer Rolls
Kaju Anjeer(Cashew Fig) rolls are very popular during Diwali. For variation, I make with almond fig (badam anjeer).
Recipe: Kaju Aneer Rolls
- 2 cups(200gm)Cashew or almond nut powder
- 1/2 cup(100gm) Sugar + 1 tbsp for anjeer mix
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- 5 count Anjeer- Fig
- Ghee- 1tsp
- 2tbsp Milk powder
- to make Anjeer stuffing, soak Anjeer – fig with ¼ cup water for ½ an hour. Bring to boil for 4-5 min. until tender. Drain extra water.Crush into grinder until smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan. saute fig paste for min . add 1 tbsp sugar & 2 tbsp milk powder. Cook for 2-3 min until thicken. Allow to cool.
- Now, to make Kaju Roll paste
- Dissolve sugar with 3 tbsp water in another pan. Bring to boil for 5 min. to make 1-1/2 string syrup.
- Add cashew nut powder with syrup. Stir very well.mix ghee into the mixture.
- Place into Greece thick plastic sheet. Cover with plastic sheet. Roll thick 4 inches roti. cut into half .put 1 tbsp fig paste in horizontal line on middle of the half kaju roti.To make a roll seal both side with edges. If desired chandi varak(silver foil) can be applied on each rolls.
- Cut roll into 2 inches pieces.
- Store into air tight container.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 12