Kaju Pista Rolls
Servings: 6 -8 Rolls
FOR CASHEW DOUGH
- Cashew powder 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (Take 11/4 cup if you add milk powder)
- Milk powder 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)
- Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Confectioners sugar)
- Warm water 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cardamom To Taste (Optional)
- Saffron To Taste (Optional)
- Rose essence To Taste (Optional)
FOR PISTACHIO POWDER
- Pistachio powder 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Take less than 1 cup if you add milk powder)
- Milk powder 2 Tablespoon
- Warm water 1 Tablespoon
- Green food color To Taste (Optional)
- Silver leaf To Taste (To decorate)
Slightly heat the powdered sugar in a pan or microwave, Take the sugar in a plate.
Add the sugar to the cashew powder and flavor it with rose essence and any flavoring listed. Add warm water and gently knead a dough adding water as and when required.
Apply a little ghee in hand to handles the dough.
Repeat the same procedure with pistachio except add green food coloring instead of essence.
Using a rolling pin thinly roll out the cashew dough, and cut it into half.
Roll the pistachio dough into thin logs.
Place the log over the cashew dough into semicircle and roll the dough over the log.
Cut the edges, and cut rolls into even pieces.
Decorate with silver leaf and serve.
Recipe NotesI use ready cashew meal so it is quick but if you use whole cashew, add some more prep. time.