Kaju Pista Rolls
Servings: 6 -8 Rolls
FOR CASHEW DOUGH
- Cashew powder 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (Take 11/4 cup if you add milk powder)
- Milk powder 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)
- Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Confectioners sugar)
- Warm water 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cardamom To Taste (Optional)
- Saffron To Taste (Optional)
- Rose essence To Taste (Optional)
FOR PISTACHIO POWDER
- Pistachio powder 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Take less than 1 cup if you add milk powder)
- Milk powder 2 Tablespoon
- Warm water 1 Tablespoon
- Green food color To Taste (Optional)
- Silver leaf To Taste (To decorate)
- Slightly heat the powdered sugar in a pan or microwave, Take the sugar in a plate.
- Add the sugar to the cashew powder and flavor it with rose essence and any flavoring listed. Add warm water and gently knead a dough adding water as and when required.
- Apply a little ghee in hand to handles the dough.
- Repeat the same procedure with pistachio except add green food coloring instead of essence.
- Using a rolling pin thinly roll out the cashew dough, and cut it into half.
- Roll the pistachio dough into thin logs.
- Place the log over the cashew dough into semicircle and roll the dough over the log.
- Cut the edges, and cut rolls into even pieces.
- Decorate with silver leaf and serve.
Recipe NotesI use ready cashew meal so it is quick but if you use whole cashew, add some more prep. time.