Awesomeness of Calcium, Protein, Iron and more! I adapted this recipe from fritters that are made using Besan(gram Flour), methi(Fenugreek leaves) and banana. When I made first time, I simply fell in love with these Theplas. These Theplas can go very well with any curry.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
You may or may not need water.
Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each circle, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Serve immediately or cool and store in an air-tight container.
Make sure to prepare dough when you are ready to make Theplas. The dough can not be prepared ahead of time or else it will be trouble to roll them.
The theplas will last for atleast 2 days.