The koftas (Fried balls) in this dish can be made with vegetables such as cabbage, Lauki or dudhi(Bottle gourd), carrot, mix veggies, or malai(Nargisi) kofta. It makes a great meal when served with jeera rice and kachumbar salad. I make the Kofta Curry and am proud to say that it is a hit with everyone and is also complimented as being “restaurant-style”! ..
Follow this video to make gravy and instead of corn cobs, add your favorite Koftas and you will get delicious Kofta curry
Recipe: Kofta Curry
- 10-12 Your favorite Koftas[Vegetable, cabage, lauki(bottle gourd), malai or any of your choices]
- 11/2 cup diced onion
- 11/2 cup diced tomato
- couple of tbsp Crushed tomato(ready can, it’s optional but gives nice color)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Ground almond or your choice of nut such as cashew
- 1 tsp red chili powder or according to your taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Peparika(Optional)
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tgsp butter
- Sugar to taste(Optional)
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Make Koftas and keep on the side
- In the heavy bottom pan, add oil. When oil is done, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add onion and let it cook till golden brown. When onion is done, add tomato and cook till little tender. Also add ginger, garlic paste. After couple of mins., add ground almond.
- When everything added above cooked perfactly, grind cooked ingredients into juicer or processor and make smooth paste.
- Now again heat bit of oil in the same pan or use different pan and add turmeric and bell pepper. Cook bell pepper just littlle and add the paste that we made. Also add ready crushed tomato at this time if desired.
- Now add all the powdered spices salt, sugar(if desired) and butter and cook for couple of mins. only
- Add Koftas now and don’t stir too much once you add koftas
- When done completely, pour some heavy cream and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve Kofta curry hot with roti, naan, paratha or with rice.