I love okra very much especially when made like this crispy fry. Eat this okra dish with plain boiled rice and your favorite Daal (lentil dish) and you’ve got a tasty and nutritious meal.
- 1 lb okra - Bhindi
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/4 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder or Green chili can be used.
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds - Til
- 1 tbsp Crushed Peanut - optional
- 4 tsps chaat masala if desired
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp oil
- Note: Traditionally , okras are deep fried for this recipe but I like to shallow fry.
Wash the Bhindi and then dry throughly. If this is not done, the Bhindi will be sticky and slimy when cut in the next step. Remove the top stem of each Bhindi and then slit diagonally into thin slices.
Heat the cooking oil on a medium flame.
Add Okra, salt and cook for about 5 minutes, When half way done, add Garlic, Besan and other Spices and rest of the ingredients. Cook for another 5 minutes or till raw taste of besan is gone and okra is well done and crispy.
Serve with rice or roti.