This Makhania biscuits are made from pancake flour. I use Bisquick brand. Very easy and gives great result. If you looking for a recipe that requires no butter or very less butter then this is the recipe for you. Biscuits made from pancake flour taste as great as made traditionally.
- 3/4 cup of pancake flour (I use Bisquick brand)
- 1/4 cup plain-all purpose flour (Maida)-wheat
- flour (chapati or genhu atta) can be used
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt if needed only because pancake flour contains salt
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera)-if you can't
- find just use regular cumin (jeera) or carom(ajwayan) seeds
- 4-5 tbsp oil , butter or ghee
- warm milk as needed to make soft dough
- 1/2 tsp of yeast can be added to make this biscuit more fluffy.
Preheat oven at 400F degrees.
In a medium size of bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, caraway seeds and mix all dry ingredients very well. Now add oil and mix again till mixture get crumbly texture.
Now use warm milk to knead soft dough. Now make small size of balls and place them on baking tray.
Place the baking tray into preheated oven and bake for about 8-10minutes.
After 8-10minutes, bring down temperature to lowest heat of the oven and again bake about 8-10minutes or till they are perfectly baked.
Once baked, bring all the biscuits on cooling rack and let them cool completely and store them in an air tight container. This biscuits has a long shelf life. But I prefer them eating fresh so I just make few only that can be finished in about 2 weeks. This biscuits don't take much of your time to prepare so always better to make them fresh.