Making Ice cream doesn’t have to be a rocket science. I love to prepare Ice Cream these days. No machine and cooking required at all. In fact, there is only one single formula to prepare basic ice cream using just two ingredients and then add flavors as per your liking.
My standard measuring these days is
Heavy whipping cream 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Sweetened condensed milk/Sugar 200 Gram
The condensed milk in this recipe is not just for sweetness; it’s what makes your ice cream scoopable. Sugar in a liquid form is what stops ice crystals forming and keeps it soft. You can use Honey or Agave nectar. The ideas is to use Syrup kind liquid sweetener to prevent those crystals.
Only thing to keep in mind is that reduce the amount of sweetened condensed milk if you are using some sweet fruits like mango.
Now, once you have learned this basic Ice cream, you can make any flavored ice cream using it.
You can watch my video of me making all Indian popular ice creams using this basic ice cream.
This mango ice cream is all about the fresh flavors of summer! Rich, silky and with intense mango flavor. Mango Ice cream can be flavored with Kesar(Saffron) as well.
- 400 ml of pureed mangoes
- 300 ml of cream
- 200 ml of condensed milk or adjust as per your liking
- Puree about two – three mangoes pulp and measure the puree , it should be 400 ml .Place the puree into a pot.
- Pour in the measured cream and condensed milk and blend all three to a smooth paste with a electric hand blender
- Cover and chill in the freezer for about 6-8 hour or till firm.
Now, these days, I love to prepare Mango Sorbet as well. Before the Mango season ends, I prepare this treat and enjoy couple of more months of mango season after. Sorbet is great for those who are looking for vegan, dairy free ice cream.
- 2 large very ripe mangoes , peel and cubed
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice , I use agave nectar.
- 1 1/2 T fresh lime juice or use 3 tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- Mix above all ingredients into the blender till well incorporated. When done pour the puree into a plastic freezer proof container and freeze for about 6-8 hours or till set. Enjoy!