There are mangoes everywhere so why not use in Mitahi and enjoy. Kalakand is a very popular Indian dessert made with Fresh Paneer, Condensed milk and garnished with nuts. Kalakand burfi flavor can be enhanced by adding flavors like mango, and other fruit purees.
Nuts 1/4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (almonds, pistachio)
Milk 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
Saffron thread 1 Pinch (Optional)
1. Grease a baking dish with butter. Set aside.
2. In a bowl add milk and saffron and microwave for few seconds. Set aside (step is optional only if using saffron).
3. In a pan heat the mango pulp, then add the shredded paneer, stir well and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add the khoya and continue to stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Pour the condensed milk and stir well again till incorporated and cook till it thickens a little and begins to leave the sides of the pan (if using saffron, then pour the milk saffron mixture at this point and stir well and cook).
5. Transfer it into the greased baking dish and let it set completely. Using a knife score it into squares and slice them.
6. Serve the barfi cold and as dessert or pack it as gift.