This recipe not only good for fasting but can be served as light lunch or supper.
- 1 tbsp Ghee/Oil1 cup Moraiyo / Samo
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chili - Finely Chopped
- 1 one inch piece Ginger - Grated
- 1 Tomato - Finely Chopped
- 1 Potato - Diced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 cup Butter Milk
- Water as Required
- Salt to taste
- For Garnishing:
- Fried or Roasted PeanutsCoriander Leaves - Chopped
- Wash moraiyo with water and soak it for about 15 - 20 mins in water
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves
- Add green chili, ginger, tomato and potato.
- Add salt and chili powder and saute till potatoes are nicely cooked
- Strain out extra water from the soaked moraiyo and add moraiyo to the pan
- Add butter milk and cover with a the lid
- Let it cook for about 10 - 15 mins or till samo is well cooked.
- Stir occasionally and add more water if required.
- It should have consistency like sooji upma
- Once cooked serve in a dish and garnish with peanuts and coriander