When I say Natural Red Velvet Cake, you must be thinking what really do I mean by that? Well, these heart shape Red Velvet Cupcakes are made with natural Color of Beet Root. Now, you will ask again a Beet vegetable? Yes, Don’t be scared but once the cake is baked, no one will be able to know that it is baked with beet. In fact, when you make cakes without eggs, fruit and vegetable puree helps to make cake moist. What could be better than these hearts for healthy hearts!
This recipe is perfect for Christmas or Valentine Red Velvet Cake. I usually do not like to use dark food colors specially red, green, blue and more, so I always look for ways to get color with natural colorful fruit or veggies.
- Plain yogurt 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Oil 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Sugar/Natural sweetener 1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (White and brown sugar mixed)
- Vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon
- Cake flour/Plain flour 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
- Egg replace powder 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon
- Baking powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/4 Teaspoon
- Beet root puree 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- For wet ingredient – in a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- For dry ingredients – in a large bowl, sift cake flour, egg replace powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mixed together wet and dry ingredients.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add in beet-root puree to the batter and mix well.
- Place the heart shape molds over a baking sheet and pour the batter. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Slice the bottom of the cupcakes and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
- Serve for dessert.