- Ponk/Any other grains 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Whole dried red chili 3 (2-3)
- Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon (Rai)
- Asafoetida 1 Pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon (Haldi)
- Crushed peanut 2 Tablespoon
- Ginger To Taste
- Garlic To Taste
- Green chili To Taste
- Cumin coriander powder 1 Tablespoon (Dhaniya jeera)
- Milk/Water 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander leaves To Taste (to garnish)
Soak ponk for atleast 8 hrs or overnight. There is no need to to soak if it is fresh ponk.
Drain all the water and grind to a coarse mixer.
Switch on the stove to medium heat, in a kadhai add some oil and red chilies, add the mustard seeds and let them sputter.
Add the asafeotida, turmeric powder and crushed peanuts.
Add the ponk and sauté it.
Add the cumin coriander powder, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Add salt to taste.
Add 2 cups of milk and cook till all the milk is evaporated approximately 8 -10 min. Stir occasionally.
Serve it hot with sev, chutney and chaas.
Recipe NotesRequires soak time.