- Ponk/Any other grains 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Whole dried red chili 3 (2-3)
- Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon (Rai)
- Asafoetida 1 Pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon (Haldi)
- Crushed peanut 2 Tablespoon
- Ginger To Taste
- Garlic To Taste
- Green chili To Taste
- Cumin coriander powder 1 Tablespoon (Dhaniya jeera)
- Milk/Water 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander leaves To Taste (to garnish)
- Soak ponk for atleast 8 hrs or overnight. There is no need to to soak if it is fresh ponk.
- Drain all the water and grind to a coarse mixer.
- Switch on the stove to medium heat, in a kadhai add some oil and red chilies, add the mustard seeds and let them sputter.
- Add the asafeotida, turmeric powder and crushed peanuts.
- Add the ponk and sauté it.
- Add the cumin coriander powder, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Add 2 cups of milk and cook till all the milk is evaporated approximately 8 -10 min. Stir occasionally.
- Serve it hot with sev, chutney and chaas.
Recipe NotesRequires soak time.