1. In a pressure cooker, pour in about a cup of water, put the steaming basket and place potaoes. Put the lid on and cook for 3-4 whistles.
2. Prick the potatoes with fork.
3. In a pot, heat ghee and oil together, add in the whole spices, allow to sizzle. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander cumin powder and the chopped onions, saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add coriander, mint , biryani masala and curd, stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Add in the potatoes, cashew and raisin, saute for few seconds.
6. Add rice and water, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, mix together warm water and saffron.