- Agar agar powder/Unflavored gelatin 1 Tablespoon
- Cold water 1?4 Cup (4 tbs) (milk or cream)
- Glucose 1?2 Cup (8 tbs) (corn or sugar syrup)
- Glycerin 1 Tablespoon (vegetable based)
- Vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon (or any other flavoring)
- Food color 1 Pinch (as needed) (Optional)
- Vegetable shortening/Butter 1 Teaspoon (1/4-1)
- Powdered sugar/Confectioners sugar 2 Pound , sifted (more or less as needed)
- Salt 1 Pinch (Optional)
- TO ROLL FONDANT
- Corn starch/Sugar 1?4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
- 1. In a saucepan, mix water and agar powder (for vegan)/gelatine. Place the pan on flame and cook for about 3 minutes or as per package instruction.
- 2. Add corn syrup/glucose/sugar syrup, glycerine, vanilla, salt, and food color (if using). Mix well.
- 3. Slowly pour the syrup mixture into the sugar and mix to form dough.
- 4. Grease your hand with shortening and spread it on dough. Form the dough into a ball. Warp with plastic and let rest at room temperature for 8-24 hours.
- 5. Remove dough from plastic wrap and knead well for 1-2 minutes.
- 6. Sprinkle corn starch/ sugar on work surface and roll the fondant.
- 7. Cut the fondant into desired shape, decorate the cake and serve.
- The fondant will remain fresh for 2-3 weeks at room temperature. Do not refrigerator or freeze.
- You can also add food color while kneading the dough.