To prepare Roomali Roti:
1. Into a bowl, add plain flour (maida), wheat flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Mix all these dry ingredients together.
3. Add oil, using your hands combine the oil and flour.
4. Gradually add water, as needed and knead to make a soft dough.
5. You will get a sticky dough in hand. Coat a little oil on the surface of the dough, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, make a paste with flour and oil and set aside (Required later for rolling the dough as per method 2)
6. Dust the surface of your work table with flour, take a small portion of the dough and roll into a thin round sheet, working from the center outward to the edges. (Roll the rotis as thin as you can)
7. Heat a flat pan over the stove, bake the roomali roti, flipping sides until both sides turn slightly golden in color.
8. Take two equal small portions of the dough.
9. Roll both he portions separately into two medium sized round sheets.
10. Spread the flour-oil paste generously on the surface of one of the round rotis and place the other roti over it forming a single roti.
11. Further roll the roti into a thin round.
12. Heat a pan and bake the rolled roti, flipping sides. When done, the two rotis pasted together will slowly separate.
13. Carefully separate the two rotis to get two thin roomali rotis.
14. Fold the roomali rotis into quarters, and serve warm with any Indian dish.