- All purpose flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Wheat flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Clarified butter/Ghee 1 Tablespoon
- Oil 4 Cup (64 tbs), divided (2 tablespoon for dough 2 for filling and the rest for frying)
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon , ground
- Carom seeds 1 Teaspoon , ground
- Salt 2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Baking powder 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon
- Onion 1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly chopped
- Shredded paneer 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 Teaspoon
- Green chili paste 1 Teaspoon
- Cauliflower 1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
- Green peas 1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded and thawed
- Garam masala/Curry powder 1 Teaspoon (Cup (16 tbs))
- Amchur powder 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander 1 Teaspoon , finely chopped
- 1.In a bowl add flour, wheat flour, salt to taste, cumin, carom, baking powder and mix well.
- 2.Add oil and ghee mixture and mix adding water a little at a time knead well to get medium soft dough.
- 3.Wrap with a plastic wrap and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- 4.In a non stick pan add 2 tbsp oil over medium heat add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and let the onion cook.
- 5.Then add ginger garlic green chili paste and salt to taste.
- 6.When onions are done add cauliflower and peas, let it cook and mash big chunks once cooked.
- 7.Stir adding garam masala, amchur powder, coriander leaves and shredded paneer and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- 8.On a rolling board or block unwrap the dough and knead again to smoothen.
- 9.Apply little oil, sprinkle little flour on the board and roll a golf ball size of the dough.
- 10.Then apply oil and flour on the rolled dough and fold over many times to get good number of layers as desired.
- 11.Then finally roll thinly to get 12 inch diameter circle and halve it if you want to make big samosa.
- 12.Fold the half to get cone shape, fill with the filling and seal the ends with the help of water to get triangle shaped samosa.
- 13.In a deep fry pan heat oil on low heat and fry the samosas until golden brown and crispy.
- 14.Serve the samosas on a serving plate with mint or coriander chutney or ketchup.