Shahi paneer is a typical North Indian dish eaten with roti or naan.Shahi paneer is preparation of paneer pieces in a thick, creamy and spicy gravy
- Butter 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger piece 16 Cubic Centimeter , chopped finely (1 inch piece)
- Garlic cloves 4 Large , chopped finely
- Turmeric powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cashews 3 Tablespoon , broken
- Red chili powder 1/2 Teaspoon (as per taste)
- Red onion 1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
- Paneer 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Paprika powder 1 Teaspoon (as per taste)
- Shahi paneer garam masala 1 Teaspoon (as per taste)
- Nutmeg powder 1 Pinch
- Cardamom powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Tomato puree 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Brown sugar 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Kasoori methi 1 Tablespoon
- Cream 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Water 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
1.In a nonstick pot melt butter and add ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, cashews, red chili powder and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
2.In a frying pan add 3 tbsp oil and shallow fry paneer till golden brown and keep aside.
3.To the onion mixture add paprika powder, shahi paneer garam masala, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder and cook till the onion is done.
4.Stir in water, turn off the stove, and run hand blender into it to make a smooth puree.
5.Stir in tomato puree and bring to a boil adding more water if needed.
6.Once it is bubbly and boiled, lower temperature and add brown sugar.
7.Add kasoori methi or dry fenugreek leaves, cream and salt to taste and stir.
8.Then add the paneer into the gravy.
9.Serve with naan roti paratha rice.