Stuffed Squash Curry
- Squash 4
- Cooking oil 2 Tablespoon
- Water 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Chick pea flour 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic paste 1 Tablespoon
- Ground peanuts 2 Tablespoon
- Sugar 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Coriander and cumin powder 1 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Red chili powder To Taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cooking oil 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Coriander leaves 1 Tablespoon , chopped
- 1. Peel the squashes, trim the top and bottom edges and cut the marrow part, keep aside. Slit the squashes in a plus sign, keeping last 1 inch joint.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients of the masala, add oil if the mixture in too dry while mixing.
- 3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add the narrow parts of the squash, stuff the squashes with the masala mixture and place into the cooker. Dump in the left over masala.
- 4. In the same bowl take water and pour into the cooker, pressure cook over medium heat till you hear about 4 to 5 whistles of pressure release, allow the steam to escape.
- 5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
Recipe NotesCook time is just 5 minutes because I use pressure cooker but if you cook in the regular pot, it will take about 15-20 min or cook until squash is tender.