Stuffed Squash Curry
- Squash 4
- Cooking oil 2 Tablespoon
- Water 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Chick pea flour 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic paste 1 Tablespoon
- Ground peanuts 2 Tablespoon
- Sugar 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Coriander and cumin powder 1 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Red chili powder To Taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cooking oil 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Coriander leaves 1 Tablespoon , chopped
1. Peel the squashes, trim the top and bottom edges and cut the marrow part, keep aside. Slit the squashes in a plus sign, keeping last 1 inch joint.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients of the masala, add oil if the mixture in too dry while mixing.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add the narrow parts of the squash, stuff the squashes with the masala mixture and place into the cooker. Dump in the left over masala.
4. In the same bowl take water and pour into the cooker, pressure cook over medium heat till you hear about 4 to 5 whistles of pressure release, allow the steam to escape.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
Recipe NotesCook time is just 5 minutes because I use pressure cooker but if you cook in the regular pot, it will take about 15-20 min or cook until squash is tender.