Surti Locho as name reflects is specialty of surat. In the morning, many stalls sell this locho to go with tea and enjoyed by many workers. This recipe is similar to Khaman or Khamni recipe made by surti people.
3 cup of chana daal(Split skinless Bengal Gram)
1 cup of urad daal(Split skinless Black Gram)
1 cup of poha(Beaten rice)
1 tbsp green chili paste(Hari Mirch)
1 tsp turmeric powder(Haldi)
2 onions finely chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
2-3 drops of lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sev(namkin)
1 tsp eno
salt to taste
1. Soak lentils in lots of water overnight.
2. In the morning drain water and wash it well and add washed 1 cup of poha.
3. Grind it in mixture grinder and form a soft batter.
4. Add salt, green chilli paste according to taste, add pinch of turmeric powder and eno and mix it well.
5. Take a deep vessel and spread half of oil to vessel so that the batter does not stick to it. Pour the batter into the vessel and spread some black pepper.
6. In a pressure cooker add some water and boil it for 10-15 mins or till done.
7. Keep the vessel in pressure cooker and cover the cooker with the lid without whistle attached to it.
8. Steam it for 10 minutes.
9. Put a knife in the batter to check if it is baked properly by inserting clean knife. if it comes out clean,it means it is done.
10. Serve hot with adding some lemon juice, sev, half of oil and chopped onions.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012