Tomato Basil Sandwich
- Italian bread slices 4
- Butter 1 Teaspoon (as needed for grilling)
- Tomato slice 6 , sliced into rounds
- Mozzarella cheese 2 Tablespoon , shredded or sliced (veg brand without rennet)
- Fresh basil leaves 1 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Olive oil 1/2 Teaspoon (for drizzling) (Optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper To Taste
- Salt To Taste
Things You Will Need
1. Preheat waffle maker as per manual instruction.
2. On a bread slice, spread cheese and top it with tomato slices, followed by basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil if desired.
3. Spread more cheese and press it down. Cover with a bread slice and spread butter on top.
4. Place sandwich, butter side down into the preheated waffle maker. Spread butter on the other side. Cook until golden brown.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can use any kind of vegetable or herb you like.
Instead of Waffle maker, sandwich toaster or regular pan can be used.