Believe me or not but this recipe will make your life super easy. Just one recipe and several use! Use this recipe as a stock, broth or sauce. To use it as a light tomato stock, add water. This is perfect as a Marinara sauce as well.
Water 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use water as required to adjust the consistency)
Paprika To Taste (Optional)
Salt To Taste
1. Roughly chop the garlic cloves, onions, fresh basil sprigs and the tomatoes
2. Take a blender and put all the chopped vegetables into it and blend for a few seconds until pureed. Keep it aside.
3. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, add the prepared puree. Add water as required to adjust the consistency.
4. Let the puree simmer on a low-medium heat. Add salt, paprika powder (optional), stir well, cover with a lid and simmer for about 8 minutes or until it bubbles and changes color slightly.
5. Once done, using a hand blender you can blend the stock or broth till smooth (if required).
To prepare the garlic bread:
6. In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, minced garlic, dry Italian seasoning and garlic powder (optional). Mix the mixture very well and if required pop it into the freezer for about 2 minutes to get it thickened a little. (only if the butter has melted a little too much).
7. Apply the garlic spread liberally on the bread slices, either on one side or on both sides, as per your preference.
8. In the oven toaster, toast the slices lightly and the garlic bread is ready to serve.
9. Serve the tomato stock or broth/marinara sauce sprinkled with some cheese, as a dip with garlic toast or it can be used in cooking various dishes.