Once you eat this veggie meat balls, you will never buy ready one ever. This vegetarian meat balls are easy to make and quick as well.
- 4 slices wheat bread(For gluten free option, use corn bread)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tbl minced garlic
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbl chopped dill
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbl lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- oil for rubbing balls and grill, steam or fry
Take food processor. Add chick peas and bread slices and grind to coarse.
Add in all vegetables and pulse couple of time.
Add all spices and herbs and again pulse one more time.
Take out the mixture from processor into bowl.
Make small balls and keep aside.
This balls can be deep fried, steamed or baked.
To fry heat up the oil and fry till brown.
To steam, use steamer, arrange in single layer and steam.
To bake, rub oil on all balls and bake till brown.
Serve these balls with any pasta, spaghetti.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012