Chick Pea Salad
- Boiled chickpeas 1 1?2 Cup (24 tbs) (garbanzo beans)
- Romane lettuce 1/2 , roughly chopped
- Cherry tomato 1 Cup (16 tbs) (any variety)
- Carrot 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned
- Red onion 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), cut lengthwise
- Baby cucumber 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
- Black olives slices 2 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Sliced pickled jalapeno pepper To Taste
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped parsley 2 Tablespoon (or your favorite herb)
- Lemon zest 1/4 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 Tablespoon
- Salt and pepper To Taste
- Olive oil 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Honey or other sweetness can be added to balance flavor
- Roasted pine nuts 1 Tablespoon (or any nuts of your choice)
- Croutons 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrot, onion, cucumber, olives, jalapeno, and chickpeas.
- 2. In a measuring cup, combine garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk well.
- 3. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well.
- 4. Garnish with pine nuts, croutons and serve immediately.
I use pressure cooker to boil Chick peas so it takes very short time to cook.