Black Forest Cake
hat can I say, except that it is an eggless version of the classic Black Forest cake for all the vegetarians out there. Very appetizing indeed!
- Butter 50 Gram
- Condensed milk 200 Gram
- All purpose flour/Cake flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Baking powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cocoa powder 3 Tablespoon
- Vanilla extract 2 Teaspoon
- Coca cola/Soda 100 Milliliter
- Chocolate 200 Gram (for the icing and filling)
- Cool whip 2 Cup (32 tbs), sugarless, egg less (for the icing and filling)
- Icing sugar 1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the icing and filling)
- Strawberry jam 4 Tablespoon (for the icing and filling)
1.Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2.In a bowl beat together butter and condensed milk with an electric whisk.
3.Add vanilla extract and whisk well.
4.In another bowl sift dry ingredients - all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
5.Into the wet ingredients add the dry ingredients in two batches along with coco cola or soda which has to be added until the right consistency of the batter arrives and blend well.
6.Grease 2 cake baking trays and fill them half way.
7.Place in the oven and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the inserted toothpick in the cake comes out clear.
8.Remove the cakes onto a wire rack upside down to let them cool.
9.Flatten the top cutting the uneven edges and place wax paper underneath the cake.
10.Grate some chocolate in a bowl and in another bowl, mix cool whip with sugar well.
11.Cover the middle part of the cake with the icing mixture and spoon over strawberry jam.
12.Place the other cake on top of this and cover the whole cake with icing.
13.Fill the remaining icing in an icing bag and decorate the cake with flowers.
14.Place a cherry on each flower and sprinkle grated chocolate in the center and serve.