Deep fried macaroni and cheese balls are a great way to use leftover mac and cheese. Crispy, creamy and delicious, they make a great party snack as well!
- Leftover mac and cheese 2 Cup (32 tbs), refrigerated
- Bread slices 8 Large , edges trimmed
- Oil 3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)
- Bread crumbs 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- 1. Lightly dip a bread slice into water, press it flat, place on a plate and cut into half. Place about a tablespoon of mac and cheese and seal by bringing in the edges towards the center, dredge and roll into the bread crumbs. Repeat to make several balls.
- 2. In a frying pan heat oil, fry the balls until crisp and brown.
- 3. Serve with sauce and your choice of beverage.
- You even can bake it in a 350F oven until brown and crisp.