This basic gravy can be used in many recipes. Just keep on adjusting the flavors to your liking. Once the gravy is cooked well, you can run hand blender or blend into processor till smooth for panner recipes and finish with garnishing cream for rich, silky texture.
- 5 tomatoes , chopped large
- 1 onion , diced small
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 5 cloves garlic , pounded
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Fry the onions in hot ghee until they start to brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir, then add the powdered spices. Blend well.
- Throw in the tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Turn the flame down to medium and cover for 10 minutes.
- This will form a spicy gravy to which you can add any mixture of vegetables or chicken. If using cooked vegetables, keep the pot on the flame until they are uniformly heated; for uncooked vegetables, cook as long as necessary. For raw whole chicken, be sure to cook for at least 20 minutes.
Now that you have learned how to make gravy, below are some exotic curry recipes you can make and enjoy!