Moist and delicious classic banana bread recipe. Banana bread is a type of bread that is made with mashed fully ripe bananas. Most households end up throwing overriped bananas in trash, I would rather make use of it and make bread or muffins. I make muffins for my kids and they love to take them to school.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed (overripe banana works best for this recipe)
- 1 cup chopped Pecan or walnut or your flavor of nut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable or Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- 1 tsp Vanila extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Less than 1/4 cup of regular milk just to adjust the consistancy of batter or if needed only.
- If you using overripe banana , you might not need milk. But if they are yellow, then to adjust batter, add milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingriedients. Now add oil and mashed banana. If batter is little dry, add milk to adjust the consistancy. Mix everything well but do not over mix. Spray the bread loaf tray with cooking spray and pour the batter into the tray. Place the tray into the preheated oven on top rack. Bake about 45-60 min. Keep an eye on it. Ovens may different. Check after about 40 min. Insert toothpick or knife into the bread. If knife comes out clean than bread is done. Inside of the bread should be baked well. So it almost take about 50 min to bake. When done take out of the oven. Let it cool on cooling rack about 10min. Banana bread test excellent when it's eaten freshly baked.
- Be more creative with this recipe Add either dry cranberries(or your favourite berries), or chopped dates or chocolate chips or Shredded coconut and give little twist to the traditional recipe.
Banana Nut Muffin
Makes 12 Muffins
1 1/2 cups of all purpose(plain) flour
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt(optioanl-sometimes I add if I want my bread or muffins realy moist)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Small handful of walnuts, chopped.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line muffin pan with muffin paper cups
Mash bananas well
Chop the walnuts and reserve 1 tbsp for sprinking on top.
Add sugar and melted butter
Mix the dry ingredients really well or sift and then add to banana mixture [ Mixing dry ingredients is important. Otherwise you will be biting into lumps of uncooked baking powder – not a pleasant taste!]
Add the chopped nuts.
Mix just enough to bring everything together
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 to the top
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Bake for 20 minutes or till the muffins are golden brown.