Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and some vegetables are mashed together with flour to make perfect burgers.
- 11/2 cups Chick peas (Garbanzo beans)-Chhole chana
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (other flours such as corn flour(for gluten free option) or bread crumbs can be used)
- 1/4 cup walnut or other favorite nut can be used
- 1/2 cup finely chopped vegetables such as onion , bell pepper, corn and carrot(I usually shred carrot)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves (your favorite herb can be used such as parsley)
- 1/4 tsp each , garlic powder, cumin powder, red chili powder
- Couple of tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Mash together all ingredients, except oil, thoroughly. Form into patties and lightly fry on each side in oil until golden brown. You can also barbecue these veggie burgers on a hot grill.