Doughnut + Tiramisu = Donamisu or Tiramidonut? What would you name this recipe? Can’t find lady fingers to prepare Tiramisu? Make with donut? Lately, I haven been loving Doughnut Tiramisu. I use variety of donuts such as cinnamon, chocolate etc and prepare Tiramisu. Taste heaven! Samantha Salad gave this recipe the name “Tiramidonut”. Thanks Samantha for sharing.
- You can use your favorite donut recipe or even store bought
- Canned biscuits 5
- Oil 1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)
- Confectioners sugar 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
- Whole milk 4 Tablespoon (3 to 4 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract 2 Teaspoon
- Mascarpone cheese/Cream cheese 8 Ounce
- Powdered sugar 2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
- Heavy whipping cream 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon
- Espresso coffee 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Cocoa powder 5 Tablespoon , divided
Using a bottle cut the center of the biscuit and deep fry on medium heat.
For glaze – in a medium bowl, add in all the ingredients and mix well.
Dip the donuts in glaze and set aside to cool.
For the cream mixture – in a chilled bowl, add in mascarpone and sugar. Whip until well combined.
Pour in heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peak, increase the speed up to six.
Add vanilla extract and carefully mix.
Slice the donuts into 4 pieces, dunk into espresso coffee and place two pieces in a tiramisu glass, followed by the cocoa powder and cream mixture. Repeat the layer and top with cream mixture and cocoa powder. Refrigerate for four hours.
Serve for dessert.