Finger foods always tend to go over well for most types of parties which is why I love these little pinwheels. Pinwheel Snacks That Taste As Good As They Look. And the most exciting part is you can stuff with variety of flavored ingredients like pizza pinwheels can be stuffed with cheese and veggies.
Pinwheels are so easy to make so I love to prepare for small get-together, even picnic.
My favorites are Spinach pinwheels. Flaky puff pastry with melted cheese and garlicky spinach, shaped into cute little spirals – these Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels make a perfect appetizer.
Kids tend to love pizza pinwheels. Not only kids but almost everyone will enjoy pizza pinwheels in your next party.
I also love to make fusion pinwheels by making Indian stuffing like Chili paneer, Samosa stuffing, and so on. One can make even assorted pinwheels.
I usually use crescent roll dough to make pinwheels flaky. Puff pastry or even pizza dough can be used. If I want to make pinwheels using pizza dough, I add butter instead of oil in pizza dough to get that flaky texture.
- Crescent roll 8 Ounce
- Paneer 3/4 Cup 12 tbs , crumbled
- Red onion 1/4 Cup 4 tbs , finely chopped
- Red bell pepper 1/4 Cup 4 tbs , finely chopped
- Green bell pepper 1/4 Cup 4 tbs , finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 1/4 Cup 4 tbs , finely chopped
- Garlic 1 Teaspoon minced
- Ginger 1 Teaspoon minced
- Soy sauce 2 Teaspoon
- Chili sauce 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
- Cooking oil spray 2 Tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Chilli paneer: In bowl, add and combine the paneer, red onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chilli sauce and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- On a wooden board, place the crescent roll and flatten it out using a rolling pin. Making sure the perforations are sealed completely.
- Add the chilli paneer mixture in the center and spread evenly just before the edges.
- Roll the dough gently with the stuffing and using a sharp knife slice the roll into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Take a baking tray, spray some cooking oil over it and place these chilli paneer pinwheels about 1 inch apart.
- Bake this in the preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve these chilli paneer pinwheels immediately.