The alternate and smart use of Kawan Flaky Frozen Parathas to make Baklava. I am so glad to develop this recipe as Baklava is my favorite but can’t find authentic Baklava where I live and even if I find them, so expensive! Now, I can make Baklava for hundreds of people as well with each and confident!!!
Below is the video instructions to prepare Baklava using kawan flaky frozen parathas.
I saw some people making Baklava from puff pastry instead of Phyllo Pastry so thought of giving it a try and trust me, I like this baklava recipe better than the baklava made with phyllo pastry. Baklava taste better when made day ahead so perfect for party, picnic or little get together.
- Kawan Flakey Parathas – 6
- Light brown sugar – 3 tbsp
- Melted unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
- Agave nectar – 1 cup
- Rose syrup – 3 drops
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Pistachios – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1 cup
- Pistachios chopped – 1/4 cup
- You can use any three types of nuts
- Trace the round edge of your 9’’ baking pan on a parchment paper. On the parchment paper, dust dry flour.
- Take out the Kawan Parathas and let them thaw on the parchment paper. Sprinkle some dry flour on top of the Parathas so as to not let it become sticky. Be careful, the Flakey Parathas need only 7-10 minutes to thaw
- Using a chopper, pulse each type of nut separately till they are coarsely ground. Mix all the nuts together and add sugar
- Dust the baking pan with dry flour. Once the parathas are thawed, roll them on the parchment paper to be the size of the pan (based on how you measured).
- Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one paratha on the bottom of the pan and brush the top with melted butter. Sprinkle about 3-4 tbsp of nuts and sugar mix on the paratha.
- Place the second paratha on top of the nuts and repeat the above step. Continue to do so for all parathas
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the paratha layers into shapes you would like.
- Bake for an hour or till golden brown.
- 10. While the baklava bakes, mix agave nectar and rose syrup. When the baklava is out, drizzle this syrup while it is still hot.
- 11. Garnish with chopped pistachios. Let baklava stay at room temperature overnight or for 8 hours before serving.