If you’ve got some overripe bananas languishing in your fruit bowl, put them to good use with these creative and delicious recipe. When bananas are just too ripe and mushy for my taste, I add them to smoothies and milkshakes, Pancakes, Cookies, Oatmeal, Ice cream. But sometimes, I feel like eating something spicy and little sweet at the same time, so what could be better than making curry out of ripe bananas. An overripe banana has so many culinary uses!
Bananas are one of nature’s most perfect fruits. Not only are they packed with nutrients like fiber and potassium, but overripe bananas are a great natural sweetener for muffins, pancakes, oatmeal, smoothies and even doughnuts!
In the video below, you can see me making exotic curries. The video is bit of old and I am going to remake it but till then enjoy old is gold!
- Bananas 2 Large , peeled, cut into thick slices (6 baby bananas may be used)
- Fenugreek leaves 2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped
- Ginger paste 1 Teaspoon
- Salt To Taste
- Cumin powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Asafetida 1/4 Teaspoon
- Take a pot and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add mustard seeds, when they pop add asafoetida, then add the prepared mix of bananas, stir well.
- Add green chili paste, garam masala and the juice squeezed from half a lemon. Stir well.
- 4. Serve warm with Roti or Rice.