Badam Sheera or Halwa is a rich and tasty Indian dessert prepared with almonds milk, elachi(cardamom) and Kesar(saffron), one of my favorite halwa.
- Clarified butter 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Ghee)
- Almond meal/Almond flour 1 Cup (16 tbs) Don't have? Don't worry, see note below
- Full fat milk 1/2 Cup or little more (8 tbs)
- Sugar 1/2 Cup or as preference (8 tbs) or less
- Food color 3 Drop (as needed) (Optional)
- Saffron 1 Pinch , ground (Optional)
1. In a deep heavy bottom pot, heat clarified butter, add almond flour and milk. Stir constantly and cook over low flame until the mixture thickens.
2. Add sugar, stir constantly and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the butter starts oozing out.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in food color and ground saffron. Let cool.
4. Serve and enjoy!