Many of you wanted to learn baking cake in microwave and this post covers it all! Microwave cake option is very handy for quick & single serving to satisfy your crave anytime. In this post you will learn not just one but three classic cakes – Vanilla, Chocolate, and Carrot cake.
Out of all three chocolate is our most favorite and Carrot is second favorite. I still have to tweak around Vanilla cake as I don’t enjoy much flavor. But anyway, you can just go ahead and flavor it up with your own favorite flavor like orange or lemon…
I used water clear glasses just to show the look of the cake better but I recommend to use Mug for making these cakes. The same way, you can make muffins.
For single servings, use mug, tea cups and for regular cake, silicon cake tray works great. Even the cupcakes can be baked using silicon cupcakes baker.
- 4 Tablespoons cake flour or plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter , softened or 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 Tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) all-purpose flour or cake flour if available
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder or take 1 tbsp cocoa powder 1-2 tbsp Chocolate Chip for extra chocolaty flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- All purpose flour / maida - 6 tbsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp (white or brown) I used white sugar
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder - 1/8 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Milk or Buttermilk - 4 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Carrots - 3 tbsp (grated finely)
- Vanilla - 1/4 tsp
- Walnuts - 1 tbsp (or any nuts)
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into greased mug (at least 16 ounces).
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (or 90 seconds). You can play around with time as microwaves may work vary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of chocolate chip in the middle of the batter, push it down and sink it in the batter.
- Place a tray or paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high.
- Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy!
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Add the oil, milk, vanilla and mix again. If the mixture is too thick, add 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp more milk.
- Add the carrots, walnuts and raisin and mix well. Make sure you mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Check after 1 minute and 30 seconds, if not done microwave for 30 seconds more. Check with a tooth pick or skewer.
- Let it cool and enjoy!