Custard Fruit Salad
Fresh fruit is colorful and nutritious. Made into one of the most popular Indian style fruit salad and given a creative twist, it becomes the perfect take-along recipe. Ever popular Milk based Fruit Salad recipe to help have a mixture of fruits.
FOR THE CUSTARD MILK
- Milk 4 Cup (64 tbs), divided
- Custard 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar 3 Tablespoon (Use as required per taste)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 Teaspoon , ground
FOR THE FRUIT MIXTURE
- Apple 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Banana 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Chikoo 1 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Mango 1 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Grape 1 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Pomegranate 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Vanilla ice cream can be added as well.
1. Heat a pan, with one cup of milk, custard powder, stir gently.
2. Add sugar and stir continuously as the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and let it rest for a while till it cools.
3. When the milk mixture is cooled down or is slightly warm add the remaining 3 cups of milk, stir gently to mix the milk and the custard mixture well.
4. Add freshly ground cardamom powder and stir. Cover and refrigerate it.
5. Take a bowl with freshly chopped fruits (you can use commonly available fruits).
6. Take a serving glass or bowl, add in the finely chopped fruits and pour the cold custard milk.
7. Serve chilled.
An alternate option to using custard is by mixing condensed milk with regular milk. There is no heating required in this case.
One more option is by mixing half and half milk with the regular milk and adding vanilla extract to it.
There is nothing better than having a fresh fruit salad. Chef Bhavna shows us how to make the fruit salad in an innovative way. The combination of the fruits with the custard milk tastes so yummy. This serves as a great dessert. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the video.